Monday, October 8, 2012

I Dream of a First Class Facilities for Philippines

I really don’t want to dwell so much with politics. So I will make this post short. And just talk more about my hopes and dreams for the country.

Katatapos lang mag file ng certificate of candidacy for Senate. Malapit na naman ang eleksyon. Sana lang maging mas matalino pa ang mga mamamayan sa pagpili ng mga dapat nasa pwesto. So we can get the money’s worth of the tax we are paying the government. Na ang mga mapipili to serve the people will ultimately be selflessly serve the people and not serve their personal agendas first.

Nagtatrabaho ang Nanay ko sa health department ng isang barangay. I will not mention the name, pero kwento lang niya ang mga nasa pwesto from the very basic position like kapitan, or konsehal. She observes how corruption starts sa hindi pag-gagawa ng mga activity for the people, pero approved ang budget at napupunta lang kung saan ang cheke na galing sa gobyerno. Knowing na kung gaano kaliit lang ang halaga, naco corrupt pa, how much more in the highest officials who get a lump sum amount na hindi man lang nagamit for the betterment of the Filipino poor people.
I just want to dream in the future for First class facilities for the Philippines. Iba nga kapag galing ka abroad and you have experienced the facilities sa ibang bansa, and you come back and compare at manglulumo ka.
Like I have been to airport in Hongkong:
 
 
And airport in Dubai:

 

And when I arrived in Philippines, looking at our airport, I said to myself, oh yeah now I know I’m back:

  
I know, hindi ito uunahin to renovate, kung mas marami naman na Pilipino ang kumakalam ang sikmura. By that time siguro, I’m not losing hope kapag maganda na ang ating airport, train stations and government buildings, and drainage systems would probably mean no more beggars on the street, and no more squatter’s area anywhere.

I believe in some of the officials right now in the government in their passion to fight a just and right system to solve the corruption. When there are still people I see on the news, na naiiwanan ng malaking pera sa kalesa or sa Taxi and they return it back to the owner, I still believe in the goodness of hearts of our people. Mas masarap pa rin talaga ang matulog ng mahimbing sa gabi, without the feeling of anxiety or guilt na naka- harm tayo ng iba in some way or the other.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment