Tuesday, November 27, 2012

Greater Things: Mga Dakilang Bagay

 
I was so excited kasi alam ko na I’m going to be blessed at the coming KCON Event 2012 led by Bo Sanchez and the Light of Jesus Ministries at SM MOA Arena and Streams at SMX Convention.
 
Hindi ako nagkamali, the first inspirational talk pa lang by Roselle Ambubuyog, the Blind who became Valedictorian in Primary and Secondary Schools, then Suma Cum Laude at Ateneo University was very inspirational, after all her struggles. Pero, hindi muna ito ang topic ko, sa next blog posts na.

I’ll write today about how I was struck by Bo Sanchez’s words about Greater Things. Binasa niya ang Bible verses at : 1 Kings 19:19-21 About The Call of Elisha:

19 So Elijah went from there and found Elisha son of Shaphat. He was plowing with twelve yoke of oxen, and he himself was driving the twelfth pair. Elijah went up to him and threw his cloak around him. 20 Elisha then left his oxen and ran after Elijah. “Let me kiss my father and mother good-by,” he said, “and then I will come with you.”

“Go back,” Elijah replied. “What have I done to you?”

21 So Elisha left him and went back. He took his yoke of oxen and slaughtered them. He burned the plowing equipment to cook the meat and gave it to the people, and they ate. Then he set out to follow Elijah and became his servant.

It was interpreted as how God approaches and calls those who are busy with their work (dahil nagsasaka nga si Elisha at that time) and threw his cloak around him (annoint at bless) to become his servant (to level up to a greater thing and do works for the Lord).

Ang ginawa ni Elisha ay niluto niya ang kanyang mga kalabaw , at sinunog ang mga gamit sa pagsasaka, at sumunod kay Elijah at nag-serve.
 
Binigay na Analogy ni Bo ang story about how his son just knew at the beginning how to count from 1 to 10. And through the support ng Mommy niya to continue to a higher level ang pag count to 11 to 20, then 21 to 30, hanggang ma re-reach niya ang up to 100.

Ako naman, I noticed na the last 8 years at tuwing ika-Leap year or every four years, meron akong major career or business breakthrough in my life. Feeling ko, ang body and mind ko naging habit na ang pag-upgrade kasi sa system ng education noon every four years nga diba. In High School you have to study and graduate at the span of four years. Ganun din pag College, normally four years din to become specialized sa course or degree mo, then you graduate.

Ang nangyari sa akin, the first four years ng work ko as a Customer Service Agent in a Call center as my first employment, I learned from the beginning how challenging or difficult it was but then reached to a point na kahit nakapikit you can do your work exceptionally well. Then after a year or so, nag-add pa ko ng skills as a Technical Support Agent and Billing Support agent din. Nag- train din ako ng new staff for induction when the management had seen na may gift naman ako in developing and training/ teaching people of what I know. But, for some reason, something itched in me, I wanted a change by going overseas for work. Kahit gaano ko pa kagusto ang maging trainer and to stay in a Call center industry and just get higher and higher the corporate ladder and get bigger pay. After four long years, I applied for work as an OFW, and resigned.

Sabi ko noon sa sarili ko, I would accept any position or job as long as makaalis lang ng Pilipinas and to get out of my comfort zone and do insanely different. Inapply-an ko lahat, kahit totally out of my college degree, nagpasa ako ng application as waitress, barista, secretary at kung anu-ano pa.

Then I got accepted, I left my very promising career to work overseas as a Saleslady. I accepted though wala man lang akong experience in retail and fashion other than may hilig mag-kalkal sa ukay ukay ng kung anu-anong kakaibang maisusuot at ang aking childhood fantasy of drawing dolls dresses at hilig manood ng Fashion runway sa TV at mag collect ako ng mga Magazines.

Years have passed in Dubai, I learned the ins and outs of the retail business. Visual merchandising o pag-aayos ng mga damit na mas makakabenta. Brand standards at pagfo-fold ng mga t-shirt, jeans at pag rotate ng mga tables at shelves. Face to face selling to customers from different countries and backgrounds.

Then, they have seen my good performance, at nabigyan ng additional tasks na tinanggap ko naman kahit no additonal pay, pag-compute ng store sales, pag te-train sa staff ng tungkol sa products at selling skills, at marami pang admin tasks, kaya naging Senior Sales lady naman ako.

After few years, I got promoted as a Supervisor. Supervising staff of 10 up to 20, mas naging challenging ang role ko, dahil kelangan na akong magbigay ng performance evaluations, and disciplining employees for any offense. I got bigger responsibility to carry the keys to Cash Safe, and to open and close the store properly. Hindi lang yun, I report to a higher management to explain the sales and must have training and business development for everyone. I enjoyed all these, but after four fruitful years, I received a calling again for greater things.

I got back 6 months ago, and used my savings at nag-invest in a start-up Business of mine with a full support of family and a dearest friend who’s still in Dubai. I now own my business and is responsible for the growth and sales productivity of myself, my employees and my partner. I do train and coach my sister who is the Assistant Manager, and train my staff for skills building, and nothing is so fulfilling in serving my customers and the staff being happy to have income for food in their tables.

I just ask and pray for God’s grace everyday that in my living breath I get to do my best and not give up but continue to persist, kahit na these first few months are really trying times in terms of getting traffic (new customers) at talagang mapa-sikat ang business. I’m patiently waiting for an overflow of blessings that in a span of a year or more, we are going to get our investment back and more profits and blessings so we can help and serve more people.

We have to learn how to get out of our comfort zones and be prepared to let go of the past to move on to a higher level, and yes even to go back again to number 1, but to a higher level to reach your goal of 100.

God is not necessarily asking you to burn all the bad things but he is also asking you to burn the good things, yes even those things that are good and perfect can hinder you from greater things.
_________________________________________________________
The above blog post is brought to you by Rowena Yap, who enjoys helping people get an additional source of income through the internet. For more information, please visit http://www.viloria.net/swa-pinoy/swa-rowenadyap.html



Wanna Learn and Earn Online?
Connect with me through Facebook.

No comments:

Post a Comment