Sunday, February 17, 2013

Starting A Business: Daig ng Maagap ang Masikap




Parang kahapon lang noong nag-open ako ng business, taking all the risks. Given up a steady income that comes from a salaried job, I risked all my savings for a ultimate goal I have wanted in the first place why I wanted to go abroad for work. To Start a New Business.

It has never been all ups! Maraming times, I would feel discouraged. Sobrang tipid ako sa sarili ko in terms of giving up shopping, or spending on gadgets or whatever. Uunahin ko ang pag-save para hindi ako ma- short sa aking pampa-sweldo o pambayad ng renta etc. Kahit na mi-miss ko ang kinsenas o katapusan na may pera o sweldo, iba pa din iyong may inaasahan ka na panggastos that goes in your ATM.

Good Rule of Thumb: Don't leave a steady salaried- job straight away in getting into business!

Start muna nang paunti -unti. Get an online business on the side, or have a rental properts that earns, before starting a full-blown traditional business like a restaurant, salon or shop.


Na-advise na ako ng isa kong business mentor, that he has been there and that as a new entrepreneur starting your own business, you shouldn't get your personal expenses from the new business. Dahil, baby pa lang yon. Dapat meron ka pa rin na napagkukunan. Eh, matigas ang ulo ko, sabi ko kakayanin ko, kaya pinangatawanan ko naman. So nagtiis na lang ako and everyday prays that God brings in customers or clients in my door. It has pushed me beyond limits you wouldn't imagine in times when I was starting na I value as little penny as possible dahil sa mga bills na dapat kong bayaran.



Another Fact in Starting a New Business: According to statistics, only 1 out of 10 of new business stays afloat after 5 years, the rest folds up.

God is so merciful. God's has given me grace to stay afloat for a few months and provided on my needs for myself and to pay for the expenses of the business miraculously! I believe God works in the background and helps me along the way so I survive the first 5 years!

I tried to use all my learnings from the books I read, the seminars and workshops I attended, and the experience as a supervisor on a shop before when I was still in Dubai. Pero may mga times na, I as much as I wouldn't want to fail, problems and issues arise and hit me in the face. Still, Experience pa rin ang the Best Learning! 

Ika nga, READY, FIRE, AIM! ang tamang pagkaka sunud- sunod at hindi READY! AIM! FIRE!

Dahil planning is a very important aspect, but EXECUTION is everything! Kung uunahin ang READY, AIM... maaaring you will be stuck in READY.. AIM.. READY.. AIM.

Kaya READY, FIRE (Act kagad!) then AIM (or correct or tweak) along the way.

I still haven't reached the income target my business generates, but nararamdaman ko na it trickles unti- unti bubuhos na ang blessings because of continued persistence and hardwork plus prayers.

I thank God for the business mentors I met, for my business partners who trust in me, and for the amazing harvest that is soon to come.

May mga nagtatanong sa akin that they want to open a new business and asks for advice. And I would advise you as from my experience, and the statistics. It's not easy, be ready for failure. But every failure is a Gold mine to be used as a great learning experience.

Parang sa pag-aaral ng pagpapatakbo ng bike.

Parang noong baby ka pa, learning to walk by yourself.


Mahuhulog ka sa bike, magagasgas ang tuhod mo.


Madadapa ka at kakapa-kapa.


Sa umpisa lang iyon, but you will master it soon, dahil all skills are learnable. You will also master your business. If you fail, try and start again. Recover, and try again.

Start while you're young. Dream Big. Act Fast.

I have started my first business when I was Grade 5 in school, nagpapa-renta ako ng comics at pocketbooks. I remember so well, of course it failed.

Then in an online, from ebay, buy and sell. Short-lived 6 months.

Bo Sanchez is known for his success in his businesses left and right. But he is proud to say to have failed 8 businesses first. And he learned tremendously from it.

Accept that you might FAIL.

Getting into Business is the riskiest of all. But a successful and growing business can make you a millionaire. Even a Billionaire. Marami tayong kakilala that just started small, and grew little by little into big businesses. Per meron din tayong kakilala na nalugi sa kanilang negosyo.

But your developed courage, character and wisdom from the journey in becoming what you really want and to achieve Financial Freedom, then that's priceless.

Kung ikaw ay pupunta ng Baclaran para magsimba at  galing ka ng Cubao, alam mo na papunta ka sa Baclaran, pero pwede kang sumakay ng MRT o Bus papunta ng EDSA, o mag shortcut sa Imelda Ave. kung mag-taxi ka naman. 

I mean, look at your destination as one single goal. But realize that you may actually take other ways or trips into getting there.

I pray for your Financial freedom. To Better take care of your family and loved ones. Or maybe to serve your Bigger Family (church, community, orphans, or the world).

James 1:12 Blessed is the man who remains steadfast under trial, for when he has stood the test he will receive the crown of life, which God has promised to those who love him.

_____________________________________________________
The above blog post is brought to you by Rowena Yap, who enjoys helping people get an extra income on the internet. For more information, please visit http://www.viloria.net/swa-pinoy/swa-rowenadyap.html

Learn and Earn from 300+ Ebooks in this Supreme Library, Click Here.
Connect with me through, Facebook, Click Here.

No comments:

Post a Comment